After completing all the paints and giving them to the mural guy, he will give you a pair of binoculars. The binoculars are to change the view while fighting. To do so, two controllers are required in order to change the view with controller 2.
Easy level up hint:
First, have the fortune rune obtained from the boss in highland castle. Equip that rune with the cyclone rune., then attack an enemy with your cyclone magic. Once you win the battle, your level will rise.
Easy money hint:
Early in the game you'll go to Rocktown to collect taxes. Play the game that Marco challenges you to next to the Inn. Bet high and use the following sequence to win every time:
1 is the cup on the left, 2 the middle, 3 the right.
Hidden room in Scarlatica castle:
Enter Scarlatica castle and look for the painting of Milich to find a secret room with lots of goodies.
The secret to getting all 108 characters is keeping Pahn and Gremio alive. Here's how to do it:
The fight between General Teo and Pahn is not preordained as Pahn's death. To win, make sure Pahn is at least level 30 and his weapon is at least level 12. During the fight, simply defend every turn. You will take minimal damage from attacks, no damage from defends, and Teo will be significantly damaged when he desperately attacks. To encourage Teo's desperate attacks, try this:
Say yes on the first time Mathieu asks if you are ready to fight your father.
In the battle with Teo's army, use magic all three times.
When Pahn asks you for permission to fight Teo, say "I'll see you later" and keep saying this until Mathieu intervenes and tells you that tou have more important things to attend to.
Wish Pahn good luck.
If Pahn lives and you get all the other characters, Gremio will be revived prior to the final battle.
1. Follow the pattern to recruit Sheila the washing girl by talking to the guy at the top right, then the guy in the middle of town, then the woman at the bottom right, then the guy in the hotel, then buy sugar and retrace your steps.
2. When you reach the paintings puzzle in Neclord's castle, choose to look at them in this order: (numbered 1,2,3,4 from left to right) 3, 2, 4, 1.
In the town of Ricon, recruit Jabba with the nameless urn and Clive in the Liquor store. Clive is random so keep coming back for him.
3. If possible, return to a defeated castle as you never know who will show up there.
4. After defeating the generals, don't kill any of them as they can be great allies.
5. Fight every battle, even the minor ones. This aids in building up your exp. points and money. Use this hard earned cash to sharpen your weapons and buy armor.
6. Remember who you couldn't recruit and be sure to come back for them when you've satisfied their requirements.
Keeping Pahn alive:
To save Pahn, make sure his weapon is at level 13 and his level is at least level 30. During the fight, simply defend every turn. You will take minimal damage
from attacks, no damage from defends, and Teo will be significantly
damaged when he desperately attacks.